WaxCast Printer Settings
Some customers (usually ANYCUBIC or Wanhao) have had issues with adhesion to the build platform. If you are having that issue, please see these instructions.
WaxCast has been tested and works on the following printers:
- ANYCUBIC Photon - Print Settings
- Asiga Pico Plus - Print Settings
- B9Creator 1.2® - Print Settings
- Form 1+ - Prints using "Castable" resin setting, 25μm layers
- Form 2 - Prints using "Castable" resin setting, 25μm layers. MUST USE NEWEST PREFORM AND PRINTER FIRMWARE.
- LittleRP - Print Settings
- mUVe 3D DLP - Print Settings
- Solus - Print Settings
- Tiger3D- Print Settings
Settings for 25μm Layers
- Normal Exposure: 40
- Off time: 1
- Bottom Exposure Time: 80
- Bottom Layers: 6
Settings w/Acer x1240, 25μm Layers
- Burn in layers: 15 seconds per layer, 10 layers
- All others: 1500 ms per layer
Curing Time: 5.00
Gap Adj.: 0
Base Layers: 1
Base Curing: 60
Buffer Layers: 5
- Roughen up the build platform with coarse sandpaper (80 grit)
- Smear a thin layer of non-WaxCast resin onto the build platform and either expose it to the sun or place it in a UV curing box for a few minutes. Then print on that surface.
Since WaxCast is a casting resin, it tends to be somewhat structurally weak. If you find your base and supports are printing fine but the model isn't sticking to the supports, increase your support structure and the contact point size from the support structure to your model.
Sometimes just increasing the exposure time of the base will rectify the problem. You can start with 20-50% of a time increase and see if that helps, but generally one or more of these steps will allow those printers to work properly.