MakerJuice WaxCast - Direct Investment Casting Resin for 3D Printing
WaxCast was designed with casting in mind, and meticulously tested by jewelers, dental labs and engineers across the world. Through the testing process, we perfected the features most sought after in a casting resin:
- Less than 0.1% residual ash after burnout
- Non-reactive with common investments such as Plasticast™
- Optimized for 25µm - 50µm layers, but can be adjusted by exposure
- Low degradation of PDMS vat coatings
- Quick layer times
- Low odor for use in commercial settings
- Resistant to most solvents, including alcohol and acetone
- No pigments to settle out
Additionally, we’ve brought some new features to WaxCast not previously seen in affordable casting resins:
- Made with the Highest quality Natural Wax - incorporating natural wax allows you to use normal working wax by attaching to sprues for easy 3D print modification and provides a number of excellent casting characteristics.
- UV Reactive Coloring - it is difficult to know if you post-cured a print properly. With WaxCast, the print changes color from a darker red to a light orange when fully cured.
It is required to follow these casting instructions and use the required materials for proper casting:
Click here for usage tips and casting schedule
36 West 47th Street
New York, NY 10036
P: (212) 944-5776
F: (888) 269-9029
LittleRP Settings w/Acer x1240, 25μm Layers
- Burn in layers: 15 seconds per layer, 10 layers
- All others: 1500 ms per layer
WaxCast has been tested and works on the following printers:
- Asiga - Print Settings
- B9Creator 1.2® - Print Settings
- Form 1+ - Prints using "Castable" resin setting, 25μm layers
- Form 2 - Prints using "Castable" resin setting, 25μm layers. MUST USE NEWEST PREFORM AND PRINTER FIRMWARE.
- LittleRP - Print Settings
- mUVe 3D DLP - Print Settings
- Solus - Print Settings
- Tiger3D- Print Settings
Our unpigmented resins are not designed to be used without pigment. They are here only so you can mix your own colors using the pigments we have available. They will not print well (or at all!) without pigment added.